About Your Lifestyle
Your Lifestyle was established in 2009 to offer a wide range of Care and Support services. We aim, at all times, to provide high quality flexible services that maximise independence and promote adults and young people to reach their full potential.
We have an opportunity for enthusiastic and passionate Support Workers to provide support to adults and young people with various needs to make a positive difference to their lives.
Duties may include:
- Provide positive, safe and person-centred support to individuals with various needs, often on a 1:1 basis
- Encourage and motivate individuals to remain as active and independent as possible within the constraints of their needs
- Assist with the daily personal care of individuals, which may include washing, toileting, dressing and eating
- Assist with administering medication accurately following medication guidelines & policies
- Accompany the people we support to attend activities in the community, for example, swimming, horse riding, trampolining, football, attending day centres
- Assist the individual to attend appointments at the hospital, doctors, dentists
- Assist with domestic duties such as shopping and cleaning
- Assist the individual with managing their finances
- Keeping accurate records and documentation
- Working in a supportive manner with family members, external professionals and colleagues
- Attend meetings and reviews
- Attend organised training and staff meetings
- Care experience is desirable but not essential as full training is provided
- Relevant courses are desirable but not essential i.e. Health and Social Care, NVQ
- Good communication skills
- The ability to manage challenging situations with support and training
- A full, clean driving licence would be an advantage but not essential
- An enhanced DBS check is required for all positions (fee paid by applicant and reimbursed after six months of employment).
- Passionate about making a difference in people’s lives
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Honest and reliable
- Loyal and committed
- Positive and a good role model
- Free training – Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Local discounts
- Development and promotion opportunities available
- Refer a Friend bonus
- A rewarding job!
Full-time, part-time and bank positions available up to £8.00 an hour dependant on experience and qualifications.
Shift patterns are approximately 7am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and sleep-in/waking night shifts of 10pm to 7am, these times can vary.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for successful candidates. Your Lifestyle comply with the Code of Practice for Disclosure and Barring Service. A copy of this is available on request.
* Due to the volume of applicants we receive we are only able to contact candidates that best match the requirements of the role. If you have not heard from us within 14 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information and an application pack contact the Recruitment Team on 01452 729757 or email: [email protected]
|Job Category||Support Worker|